Parks Associates Blog

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

New Term: TiVo Guilt

Great - now our consumer electronics products are giving us a complex. CNN reports today on "TiVo Guilt," where TV viewers who record shows on their DVRs feel an obligation to watch every single episode recorded and suffer guilt when cleaning out unwatched shows.

It got me thinking about the state of my TiVo and TV watching for the past few months. If I had to count the number of shows that we watch pretty regularly on a weekly basis, I'd say it's probably 5-6. There are another 3-4 that we'll watch with less regularity, but I don't get heartbroken if I miss a few weeks.

I do relate to actress Amanda Peet's comment about having "TiVo OCD." I'm the same way - I feel the need to get in there and clean out the old shows about every week.

I'll offer some free therapy to those who feel the TiVo guilt. The summer rerun season is long. There's plenty of time to catch up on those shows.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home