Parks Associates Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

FiOS TV Remote DVR - Amazing when Technology Works as Advertised!

Verizon's FiOS TV service has a couple of new features, one of which I tried over the weekend with good success. The Remote DVR feature allows users to manage and schedule DVR recordings from any Internet-connected computer. This feature was slick! Subscribers must have the Home Media DVR feature (allowing multi-room DVR functionality and access to music and photos from home computers at any TV with a set-top box). To initiate the feature, I just had to go to FiOS TV Central Website, enter in my username and password and activate the Remote DVR service. In no time, I was viewing a program guide on my laptop and selecting all of the shows I wanted to record over the weekend. Verizon was running an HBO and Cinemax promotion this past weekend, so I selected 5-6 movies to record. The record commands are sent immediately (I authorized a recording mere minutes before the start of the program and the set-top box responded immediately).

Verizon also offers Mobile Remote DVR functionality, allowing Verizon Wireless customers to view TV listings and mange DVR recordings while on-the-go.

After many frustrating attempts to hook up and configure a variety of consumer electronics products, it's nice to get access to a feature, try it, and have it work perfectly the first time. I was impressed with this feature.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home