Parks Associates Blog

Monday, November 19, 2007

I'd use Kindle

When the final tally is conducted on which tech products made the most headlines in 2007, it'll be no contest. The iPhone will have trounced everything. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have the new Amazon.com Kindle eBook device that was unveiled today. Heck, the irony is that Kindle right now has access to a higher-speed network (EVDO) than the iPhone!

If you're reading this blog, you're probably the type of person who hops on a plane several times a month. My wife kids me, because I have a constantly-growing collection of paperback books that only get purchased when I'm on (or about to take) a trip. I also love my magazines and The Wall Street Journal - it would be great to get them all on one device, without filling up my briefcase and without having to worry about finding a recycling bin at the airport when I'm finished reading. (Yes, I AM that guy...not quite to Al Gore status, but trying in my own small way to save a tree.)

My only concern about the device is how many more additional subscriptions I'd need to have access to the magazines and books. The magazine deals look pretty good - a buck or so per month for access. I'd love it if my online subscription to The Wall Street Journal would also automatically grant access to it on Kindle. It doesn't appear that way, however. It looks like you need the additional mobile version of the Journal.

It'll be interesting to follow the sales of this device. I would think that it would be pretty popular as a holiday gift this season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home