Parks Associates Blog

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Set-top Pepto

The FiOS TV set-tops seem to have digested the new IMG code just fine. Last night's TV experience was a big improvement - nice reaction for the guide and menu. Saw two episodes of Dinner Impossible. Neil Patrick Harris can cook ... who knew?

But how can I get the upgraded remote controls, Verizon? The first generation FiOS TV remotes are definitely lacking some touches that the new ones have.

Grey's Anatomy had better record correctly tonight, or there will be heck to pay.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious, do you have the FiOS Home Media DVR service? If so, what are your impressions?

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do have the Home Media DVR feature. I have yet to install the Media Manager software on the main computer; I'm less interested in photos and music on the TV than I am in the multi-room DVR functionality.

With a two-year old, the multi-room DVR feature has been a really nice feature for my wife and me. The ability to retire to our bedroom after putting the kid to bed and beginning to watch our recorded programs there is great.

I applaud Verizon in its IMG updates, since they seem to have improved the usefulness of the multi-room fuctions. For example, fast-forward resembles much more of what you get on the main set-top, where it rewinds just a bit after hitting "Play" so you don't fast-forward too far into the program (after a commercial break, for example).

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home